Monday, June 20, 2011

Me, Right Now (Over a Period of Two Weeks)

The song I made for this assignment is a fifteen minute-long improvisational instrumental piece entitled "Me, Right Now."  In an attempt to satisfy the identity assignment, I recorded an improvisational bassline two weeks ago and let it sit until last night, when I recorded the lead guitar, piano, keyboard, and percussion parts.  The song has no real plot or purpose other than being music.  That being said, though, there are some very cool sections and theoretically speaking the song is extremely interesting ('theoretically' in this instance refers, of course, to music theory).  I will post a link to it here, though I do not expect it to be played during class because it will not be appreciated for what it is.  Also, we do have different plans today that would keep it from being paid attention to.  Basically, playing it would be a complete waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment