Friday, May 20, 2011

Update on mAke beLIEve (Zombie Robot Aliens mix)

In the days since my last post, I followed through on my pledge to create a remix of mAke beLIEve.

Because it was the working title of the song, the remix has been named the Zombie Robot Aliens mix.

Every vocal that appears in the remix appears in the original song (that is to say I took the vocals directly from the song, without re-recording them) except for the "make believe a lie" chorus.

Somehow, taking the song from a Jimi Hendrix-like frenzied guitar fest and turning it into a techno/hip hop song was not that difficult.

All music for the remix was made using Garageband, in an attempt to distance myself from the guitar and bass set up I have been working with for quite some while.

The remix can be listened to here.  I have only uploaded it to myspace, as opposed to creating a video, as this is a remake and the videos are intended for the sole purpose of lyric comprehension.  Since that is not really important for the remix (and you can find the lyrics in the song for the original, should you need to reference them), I chose not to do it.

I'm not quite sure if I "broke my own rules" with this remix (and thus this song will not be the submission for the "breaking the rules" assignment), but I definitely took a song that I was very proud of and made an equally awesome alternate version of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment