Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Zombie Robot Aliens, Right.

And they're caught in the middle of a universal fight.

The conversation I had (it was more listening than anything) with that random kid when we were let go to go find causes for things inspired me so intensely that I just had to record a song with the material he had given me.

As soon as he started talking to me (his first words being "Zombie Robot Aliens, right.") I knew I had two choices in my mind - listen or excuse myself.

Typically, I would find the first chance to escape an unwarranted conversation (as I'm sure most people would), but this was different.  This conversation was started on the premise of Zombie Robot Aliens.  I was hooked.

As we walked a circle around campus, a tale was spun of the most epic intergalactic battle this side of Star Wars, involving Necrons (the formerly mentioned ZRAs), space marines, orcs, and various other races.

Eventually, it was revealed that this is a board game (which was, in all honesty, quite a disappointment to me).

At this point the conversation fizzled out, but the material I got from him echoed through my head the rest of the day.

I got an idea for a song, it started with "Let me lay this on you..." and this is what developed.

[Jimi Hendrix x Parliament-Funkadelic x Warhammer 40000]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPMqVCfaazI

No comments:

Post a Comment